About Us

Billings, Montana, United States
The Professor and I were civilly married 24 May 1998 and sealed for time and all eternity 11 Sept 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple, American Fork, UT. We have, between us 6 biological children and 3 we claim as ours through the heart strings! We call Billings, Montana home and love it here. We camp, hunt, fish, ride horses and LOVE bull riding and rodeos. Our church is a huge part of our lives and our callings keep us very busy. We love our Saviour, Jesus Christ and strive to show that love to our fellow man every day. We got our nicknames because I am the "spark" that keeps things lively around here, and he was smart enough to marry me! That's the short story on it anyway!

Monday, November 11, 2013

counting down to surgery

On Dec 9th I will have surgery to remove a benign tumor in my right ear. It's called Acoustic Neuroma. The tumor is resting on my balance tissue and my hearing tissue. If it continues to grow, it could go into my brain and that would be fatal.

The surgery will be about 4 hours, they will shave that part of my head, make an incision, cut out a section of my skull, and lift the part of my brain under that section of skull and go in to get the tumor out. In the process, they'll have to sever my balance nerve permanently and until my left ear can fully compensate for the right ear, I'll be even more unbalanced. There is also a 50/50 chance I will lose all hearing in that ear.

I have been given a priesthood blessing, and that helped me feel calm, but I am still fairly nervous. I wish I could hurry up and get it done instead of waiting until Dec.9, but oh well, what can I do!

Of course everyone has been incredibly kind and helpful. Many have expressed that they are praying for me and you can imagine, it is very comforting to me to know that I am being prayed for like that.
So, thankful to all my friends and family who are and will pray for me! 

In all honesty, I am a little nervous, but I know that whatever happens, it's the Lord's will and so everything will be ok.

No comments: