About Us

Billings, Montana, United States
The Professor and I were civilly married 24 May 1998 and sealed for time and all eternity 11 Sept 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple, American Fork, UT. We have, between us 6 biological children and 3 we claim as ours through the heart strings! We call Billings, Montana home and love it here. We camp, hunt, fish, ride horses and LOVE bull riding and rodeos. Our church is a huge part of our lives and our callings keep us very busy. We love our Saviour, Jesus Christ and strive to show that love to our fellow man every day. We got our nicknames because I am the "spark" that keeps things lively around here, and he was smart enough to marry me! That's the short story on it anyway!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

SURGERY AND BEYOND!!!

Well, Hello everyone!

What a wonderful year we've had! Lots of great camping and travel trips, Let me give you a run-down. To start, we moved from Montana to south central Utah. It was a great move and we are glad we did it....but I have to admit I REALLY miss Jacob and Heather and Ben and Gwen. We try to Skype at least once a week, but preferably twice a week.

The pictures above are of Gwendalyn and Benjamin. Jacob and Heather's two darlings! It's nice to be closer to all the grandlittles that are here in Utah, but it's still hard to be away from the ones that aren't here in Utah. We have 4 here in Utah and 6 not in Utah, with one (here in Utah) on the way.

Capital Reef National Park. Such a beautiful drive from our house. Beautiful autumn day, perfect weather, a lovely day for a little road trip with us and the dogs!

On of the greatest moments of the summer was being able to go to Michigan to attend the wedding of my cousin Mandi DeGregory Zimmerman. It was the first time we have ever met each other. She is my biological cousin, and since I was given up for adoption, I never met her before this. It was wonderful. I met several other cousins as well and had a wonderful time! Isn't she a gorgeous bride!

Lily, Brighton and Tyler. Playing at Papa and Mae Mae's house. So much fun to have them closer and to be able to have them come down more often

Our first 24th of July in Utah. For those who don't know, July 24th is a Utah state holiday honoring the day the early Mormon pioneers arrived in Utah and took residence, finally able to escape the mobs and persecution that plagued them from New York to Illinois, Missouri and everywhere they tried to live and worship God according to the dictates of their own hearts. Freedom of Religion was not something they were able to enjoy until they landed in Utah.
We had one heck of a major rainstorm! I thought it was going to get into the camper, but fortunately it didn't. WHEW!

Megan and I did some canning/bottling etc. of peaches and apples. We made peach jam, bottled peaches and we made apple butter, applesauce, apple pie filling. SO good!! Great fun to do together as well!

Where's Mari?  Yes, there is something (or someone) in the trees. I didn't notice for a long time, but, look closely!

It is one week and two days after my surgery on the Acoustic Neuroma. It was wildly successful and I''m feeling pretty darn good! I am having an issue with my right eye because it doesn't want to shut properly and it feels VERY rough and scratched. I have called my Dr. again to see what to do about it. Just waiting for his office to call me back.

I am so grateful for my surgeons and all the rest of the medical staff who cared for me. I understand I was NOT a very good patient while in the hospital. I guess I decided to pull out my IV and my Catheter and just get out of bed and tried to take off somewhere! They had to restrain me to get me back in bed and then I guess Dan had to stay there with me to keep me from doing it again. What a brat I was!!

I am already able to walk around on my own volition and not need my cane or walker. At least in the house, I haven't tried to go to the store yet, but I'm thinking I will today.

We will be having a quiet Christmas here at the house, we had a big Thanksgiving, but decided to just have a small Christmas, likely it will be just Dan and me. We will be getting Megan and Victor baby items for Christmas since they announced to us at Thanksgiving that they are finally pregnant!! We are SO very happy for them. They had been trying for awhile to get pregnant.

I am trying to figure out what to get Dan for Christmas this year. Any ideas anyone? It's hard to know what to get a guy that seems to have everything. I mean come on....he has me, what else does he need??  LOL!! I know, I'll get him a diamond studded bellybutton cleaner!!  hehehehehe!!!

We wish all of you a very wonderful Holiday season. May your blessings be great and your troubles be few. May  you feel the spirit of the season and have good health and much happiness in the coming year.

Love to you all....Dan and Mari Catherine


No comments: